Monday, March 21, 2016

Week of March 21 - 24, 2016

Based on feedback from Joseph C. and James A., I'm in the process of redefining my work. I've been spending too much time on technical things, fixing and deploying, and not enough time on my actual innovation work.

Some of the big things I'll be spending more time on include

  • Developing and promoting resources for computational thinking, programming, robotics, and maker education (e.g. Programming and Robotics in Junior High).
  • Supporting CTS teachers in practical uses of CNC machines, 3D printers, etc.
  • Organizing and promoting esports.
  • Drone training and videography.
  • Science and math data collection with DIY sensors.
  • Invention Convention planning assistance.
  • Office 365 professional learning for teachers (and continuing with Google Apps of course).
  • Digital citizenship training and resources.
  • Maker kits and carts.
  • Learning Commons ideas and support.
  • Intra- and inter-district collaboration.
I'm also looking forward to being a part of the UofA's Education Maker Day tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment