Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fall 2016

In case you haven't heard, after seven years as a consultant I've gone back to teaching. Even though I was formerly a high school teacher, I was fortunate to be offered a position teaching grade six at the school where my daughters attend.

Teaching in an elementary school has been a bit of an adjustment, but certainly an opportunity for growth. As a consultant I probably spent more time in elementary classrooms than secondary, but of course this is somewhat different. And it is a great experience.

As well, this has had a positive impact on my family as well. Not that I was neglecting my children before, but I do feel like I'm more involved in their lives and their schooling. And since my wife is also an elementary teacher, we can relate and commiserate much better.

So far, this has been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment