Monday, March 4, 2013

2013-03-04 Monday

Over the weekend I ordered prizes for Scratch Day from Adafruit (Raspberry Pi computers), SparkFun (Arduinos and parts, and Picoboards), Element14 (parts for Raspberry Pi and Arduino devices) and Walmart (SD cards for the Raspberry Pi computers). Hopefully those should all arrive in the next week or so.

As a grammar nerd, I had trouble deciding how to pluralize Raspberry Pi. Should it be Pis, Pies, πs? Perhaps it could be Raspberries Pi or Raspberrys Pi. The official site occasionally calls them Raspberry Pis, but I don't like that, so I decided to avoid the plural issue entirely.

This morning I answered some questions about Chrome (and ChromeOS), completed some long-neglected paperwork, met with a Consultant from Student Support Services about possibilities for sharing and posting digital resources.

My afternoon mostly consisted of writing challenges for Scratch Day, setting up other digital resources, and developing the live leaderboard for the day. I blogged about the process of setting up a leaderboard.

I also learned that when you restrict the visibility of Picasaweb photos when using your Google Apps for Education account, they can't be public anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment