Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2013-03-19 Tuesday

Last night I realized that this process of blogging my daily work seemed to be encouraging me to avoid unbloggable activities. Other than all of the Scratch Day stuff, I've sometimes tended to choose things to do that would translate well to a line or two of a blog entry.

I've also realized that not even my wife is interested in reading about the daily minutia of my job. So I'm going to try to write about some different things. Starting today.

Starting last September, we've been putting together a new media studio here in the Education Technology Building. It's set up to be a place for staff to experiment with podcasting, shooting video, recording tutorials, and other related tasks. It's also where we record most of Ed Tech Now.

It's a work in progress, of course, as studios usually are. Let me share some photos of it here though.

First of all there's the SMART Board, projector, Mac mini, and Windows 7 (Dell) PC, along with some extra parts and furniture and such. We also have some microphones, headsets, and webcams.

The lights are being stored/used here by our district's Media Producer.

The green screen is just PVC pipe, safety pins, and some green fabric that I picked up on sale.

So if you work in EIPS and want to try your hand at recording, send us an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment